This Paratha is filled with a delicious combination of nuts, milk, and jaggery. We can give this to Kids in their breakfast, This is definitely a healthy option over bread and cakes available in market. This recipe prepared easily to satisfy the sweet desire of all age group.
For the Dough
• 2 cups Whole-Wheat Flour , 1/3 teaspoon Salt (adjust to taste),1 Tablespoon Ghee, 2 Tablespoon boiled Milk,1/3 cup Water. for kneading (you may need more or less, depending on the flour)
For the Stuffing
• 1/3 cup almonds coarsely grind
• 1/3 cup walnuts coarsely grind
• 2 tablespoon dairy milk powder
• 1 pinch cinnamon powder
. 3 tbs Powder jaggery
You can replace the stuffings and as per your choice and availability at home any of the below item ;
seedless grated dates, raisin, rose water, cardomom powder( Elaichi),Cashews powder, Pistachios powder, Fresh homemade Paneer & Sugar.
• Combine the wheat flour, ghee, and salt. Stir the mixture until it's well combined. Add milk to it mix well for 3-5 minute. Add warm water, little by little and make a soft dough. Knead for couple of minutes to make a soft, pliable dough.Cover the dough with a kitchen cloth and let it rest for at least 20 minutes
• For the filling mix the almonds, walnuts & coconut powder, cinnamon, and jaggery, set aside.
• Pinch off the dough to equal size balls. I get about 6-7 parathas .depending on how much size you want to make them.Roll each piece into 3-4 inch circles, dusting it with flour as you roll.
• Brush melted ghee over the surface of the rolled dough. Place about 2 table spoons filling mix in the center. Fold it over once again to make a rectangular shape as per picture and seal the edges with your fingers.
• Dust the shaped dough with more flour and start rolling it gently.
• Heat a tawa / griddle on medium flame.Cook the parathas on the tawa. Brush both sides with ghee and cook them until they are golden brown on both sides.
• Paratha can be served hot or at room temperature.