Updated: Sep 10, 2020
It is very rightly said- " When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." - Sophia Loren
The happiness of your child will make your soul happier. For sure, these teeny tips would help in upbringing cheerful kids during the pandemic.
1) Explore Kitchen Treasure: Our kitchen is full of treasure for the kids. Every tool is a delightful jewel for the kids. A plastic bowl, A Wooden curd beater, plastic cookie cutter, spoons, an idli stand, and everything.
2) No Expensive Toys please: Spending bucks for only a few times usage. Not a good idea. We can make very creative toys without any expense. And it is rightly said, For a child, a handmade tiny creature worth much more than hundred-dollars scripture. Out of many, here are a few examples of handmade quick toys which your child would surely love to play with:
Rattle Bottle: Let the child make his or her own rattle bottle with pulses. You can watch this video for a glimpse of it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiDVU3cJcTg
This bean that bean: Mix the big sized pulses- Kidney beans/white chana/black chana/black-eyed peas and see the child engrossed in sorting it.
Fish catcher: Put some bands in the water bowl and let the child take them out with a skewer.
3) Kids are the best working partners: Try it out, kids will be at the top of the world when you give them utensils to wash or put the laundry in the machine or give them mopping or the dusting.
4) Dance baby dance: We all can dance at least to instill a few dance steps to our kids. Dancing is the best exercise for us all. So it is like killing two birds with one stone. Fit mom with the fit child.
5) Paint a picture daily: Art puts an aesthetic effect on children of all ages. Let the child paint a picture daily. You will be surprised to see the explanation of his/her's self-made paintings. The important tip here is to respect every piece of art. That painting is the best work in his/her eyes.
6) Fix a routine: Forget children, we adults don't fix our routine being sitting at home. It is true that once we fix the routine with our child, everything else will fall into the place by itself.
7) One fresh piece of knowledge every day: Studies say that children can grasp more than you think they can. A few playschools have even started introducing seven vocal languages for a 3-year old child. So try to tell any new piece of knowledge daily to channelize their curious mind.
8) Limit screen time: Expert says lesser the screen time, healthy the child. The reason is simple, screen time makes their eyes sensitive and their mind irritated when we stop the screen.
It is said that it takes 21 days to form a habit. So luckily or unluckily, you have much more than 21 days with your kids now. All thanks to this pandemic. Experiment with every possible healthy habit with them.
1) Healthy eating: Try every healthy food, without the fear of sending hungry kids to the school.
2) Initiate Meditation: An early start is a smart start. Initiate meditation now. Kids would love doing it. Remember meditation is just knowing our inner self. There is nothing wrong or right at the beginner level.
3) Favorable Sleeping Pattern: As the child doesn't have to go to school and you don't expect your child to sleep till the time all tiffins are packed. So this is the right time for - Early to bed and early to rise regime.
4) Independent eating: It is said that child can start eating independently as early as 2. Let them spill, let them spoil their dress, let them take a good time. Finally, they will learn after a few attempts. The only thing to be kept in mind is - keep your child far from all the distractions. No T.V, no mobiles, no laptops, no toys nearby, please.
Hopefully, these teeny feasible tips would not only help you to advocate healthy happy kids but also to strengthen your mother-child bond by releasing dopamine, a feel-good neurotransmitter.
If you have any other activity that makes your child happy. Please share it with us in the comment section or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would also love to have you in our moms' group - themomsorchid